Political Advertising FAQ
This resource is intended to address some of the most common questions regarding political advertising on Xandr. The list of FAQs will be updated periodically based on incoming inquiries from clients.
Who is required to provide political buyer information?
Anyone who runs ads related to an election, ballot initiative, or political candidate in the United States directly through Xandr. This requirement does not apply to external bidders.
What if I'm running ads related to an election, ballot initiative, or political candidate outside of the United States?
You are not required to provide political buyer information in respect of political ads serving outside of the United States, although you must still adhere to our Political Advertising Policy.
I manage a sell-side business. Can I connect to political advertising demand from third-party bidders?
No, Xandr does not currently allow political advertisements from third-party bidders.
I have already been running political ads on Xandr. Do I still need to provide political buyer information for these ads?
Yes. Failing to provide the information or providing incorrect information, whether intentional or not, may result in the immediate suspension of in-flight campaigns and the immediate suspension and/or termination of your account, without a refund for any amounts prepaid.
US Political Creatives
Does Xandr currently support political advertising throughout the United States?
Yes, we currently support political advertising throughout the United States. Please note that all US political creatives must comply with our Political Advertising Policy.
How are US political creatives audited?
The process for auditing US political creatives is very similar to the process for auditing non-political creatives. Political information doesn't have to be provided at the creative level unless it will be self-audited and the political brand category has been selected. This is the typical audit process for US political creatives:
- An initial review is conducted in which the creative is routed to our US audit team.
- Auditors review the creative to determine if it is in scope under our US political advertising policy, and may reject the creative if it violates any of our other advertising policies.
- The creative will be blocked by our ad server if it has been marked in scope under our US political advertising policy and the required political buyer information isn't provided on the insertion order.
How do I get my blocked US political creatives served?
The following must be performed:
- The Yes, running ads related to any elections or political candidates political content radio button must be selected at the advertiser level. For additional information, see Create an Advertiser (client login required).
- All required political buyer information must be provided at the insertion order level. For additional information, see Create an Insertion Order (client login required).
Political Ads in Canada
Can I run political ads in Canada?
We don't currently support political advertising in Canada. For additional information, please refer to our Political Advertising Policy.
Finance and Billing FAQs
Does payment method impact my Xandr account or billing method?
No, payment method does not impact how Xandr bills or collects money from you. This field refers to how the political organization pays you.
I don't know who the treasurer of my political organization is. Can I still run political ads?
No, you must disclose the political organization's treasurer before you can run political ads.