We have disabled the Supply Integration (ASI) protocol (formerly AppNexus Supply Integration) for server-side supply integrations beginning on October 1st, 2017. We strongly encourage that you migrate your supply to the OpenRTB protocol. Everything in this section is legacy content.
After you send a bid request, Xandr returns a bid response in JSON format. This page explains the possible JSON fields and their values. The Examples at the bottom of the page show the fields that are returned when:
- Xandr submits a bid
- Xandr does not submit a bid - No bid available
- Xandr does not submit a bid - Error
- Xandr submits a VAST video creative (NOT YET SUPPORTED)
If a Xandr bid wins your auction, you should insert the winning bid price into the
%%pricepaid%% macro of the
ad_tag before placing the tag on the web page.
The ID of the supply partner auction, as sent in the bid request.
Xandr holds its own auction to select the bid to submit for your auction. This is ID of the Xandr auction event.
The cpm value of the Xandr bid.
The ID of the creative that is served if Xandr wins your auction.
The landing page URL of the creative.
The Xandr ID for the brand of the creative. To map brand IDs to names, use the Brand Service.
The ID of the member that owns the creative.
If true, Xandr does not have a bid for your auction.
If true, an error prevented Xandr from submitting a bid.
The ID of the error. This field is returned only when request_error is true. See Errors for all possible error IDs and their meanings.
The ad tag that is placed on the web page if Xandr wins your auction. Note: If you wish to track clicks, Xandr can add a macro for your click URL:
See examples below
The deal fields below are visible to Xandr employees only.
|deal_code||string||The deal code for a deal, if included in the request. To retrieve deal codes, use the Deal Service.||"This is a deal code"|
|deal_id||int||The deal ID for a deal, if included in the request. To retrieve deal IDs, use the Deal Service.||123456|
SUPPLY TEMPLATES (NOT YET SUPPORTED)
For VAST video creatives, if you require custom parameters not normally included in the
ad_tag of the bid response, you can ask Xandr to build a supply template for you. Here's how it works:
- You communicate directly with your Xandr representative about the custom parameters you would like returned for VAST video creatives.
- If Xandr agrees with your request, Xandr builds a supply template for you and sends you the ID.
- In your bid requests for VAST video creatives, you include the supply template ID in the
- In bid responses, the supply template adds your custom parameters to the
<Extensions>section of the
Let's say you want Xandr to include the following supplementary information for VAST video creatives:
- Bidding strategy (CPM, CPC, etc.)
- Source of the bid
The supply template that Xandr would build for you would add this information to the
<Extensions> section of the
For the full bid response for a VAST video creative, see the Xandr submits a VAST video creative example below.
When an error prevents Xandr from submitting a bid, the
request_error_id in the response helps you diagnose the problem.
The syntax of the bid request was incorrect.
The member ID in the request could not be parsed.
The request did not map to a Xandr user ID.
The bid request did not include
The request did not map to a placement.
The Xandr auction failed.
The inventory (e.g.
**Note: Error ID 8 will also trigger if the domain passed is excluded by the global targeting profile of the buying member.
Xandr does not submit a bid - No bid available
Xandr does not submit a bid - Error
Xandr submits a VAST video creative (NOT YET SUPPORTED)
When Xandr submits a VAST video creative:
- The creative is passed as escaped VAST XML in the
- If the bid wins your auction, you must unescape the content before placing it on the page.
- If the bid wins your auction, you must insert the winning bid price (in CPM) into the
%%pricepaid%%macro in the
- If you have asked Xandr to build a supply template that passes custom parameters in VAST creative bids, those custom parameters will appear inside the
<Extensions>tag of the XML within the
ad_tag. In the example below, the supply template has added supplementary information about the price of the bid. For more details about about supply templates, see Supply Templates above.
Following industry standard practice, Xandr does not log a VAST impression on win. Instead, the impression is logged only once the video starts (user clicks play, etc.).