This document includes the necessary information for supply partners to review, plan, and execute a new OpenRTB integration - , or migrate from a custom SSP protocol integration to OpenRTB standard, in in a self-paced fashion.
*NOTE: It is mandatory to use the Customer Support Portal for communication to complete each step of the integration process. If you do not already have a customer support portal account, please visit the Login page, proceed as a Guest, and request and request a new user registration.
- Open Contact your account manager (or open a ticket with our support team our support team) to confirm the following information:
- Global auction timeout limits, QPS limits and data center IPs closest to the AppNexus Xandr datacenter regions: US-east, US-west, EMEA and APAC.
- Member seat ID and if not requested yet, new member seat creation and API login credentials for AppNexus Console Xandr's API.
- Endpoints for incoming bid requests, and if not requested yet, new endpoint creation on AppNexusXandr.
- Usersync pixel in order to map your user IDs to AppNexus Xandr user IDs, and if not requested yet, new usersync pixel activation.
- Review the documentation outlined below and discuss any open questions with our support team:
NOTE: Pre-requisite Prerequisite checks are only complete after the contract is signed and member ID is created. Prior to that, only point
- Engagement is expected to take 3-4 weeks.
- The client must fully review the Pre-requisite Prerequisite Checklist (this document) - and gather all the information prior following the steps below.
- The client confirms with our support team the completion of the checklist. This is accomplished prior to the integration steps below.
Step 1: Self-guided API/UI training and creation of publisher and placement objects (Estimated time: 7-10 days)
- Provision the objects that you will need for initial testing, either via the Console UI or Console or the API. See API Documentation for more details.
- Please use the
codefield to map your bid requests to your publishers and placements. For more details and examples, read the Integration FAQ.
*NOTE: In order to provide transparency to our buyers and improve our optimization, we require our partners to break out their inventory by publisher. For more information regarding our inventory structure standards please visit our wiki page Use the Console API to Synchronize Your Inventory Structure.
- Use the Publisher Service to create publishers that are mapped to your inventory.
- For a more detailed look at best practices relating to Inventory Structure and Domain Detection, see Best Practices For Increasing Domain Detectability.
*NOTE: In order to create or edit publishers in the
Xandr's inventory quality efforts. For a complete list of fields and their usage requirements, please refer to the Publisher Service documentation
Step 2: OpenRTB bid request endpoint testing (Estimated time: 7-10 days)
Use the endpoints below to send server-to-server OpenRTB bid requests to
Do not leave
&test=1 in your production traffic, we will not log those impressions on our platform.
&test=1 is intended to safely test OpenRTB protocol format issues. Make sure to remove
&test=1 as soon as you start sending test inventory to
*NOTE: MEMBER_ID and MEMBER_ALIAS should be substituted with your individual partner member ID and alias.
Feel free to use the bid request examples from the page Incoming Bid Request from SSPs and adjust the code fields accordingly to match your publisher and placement inventory mapping.
You must use the test=1 query string parameter on your calls to identify a test impression. It will not be logged in reporting.
Step 3: Discrepancy checks and OpenRTB requirement validation 100QPS (Estimated time: 7-10 days)
We encourage a gradual traffic ramp-up where distinct portions of your inventory are being sent to
Xandr. General recommendation is to start with a small chunk of traffic (100-200 QPS).
Xandr will run a delivery test from a dedicated buy-side member seat and notify you of any discrepancies before scaling your inventory further.
Xandr will validate your OpenRTB bid requests and notify you in case the format needs to be corrected.
Final OpenRTB requirement validation 100%
Notify your AppNexus Xandr contact about the completion of the self-paced integration/migration, who ; your contact will initiate the final OpenRTB requirement validation tests - and provide you with final results and feedback.