- Wrapper: any technology layer that facilitates bids from demand partners being passed into the ad server.
- Demand partner: any party that is willing to provide a price to be paid to the publisher for a given impression, and is integrated into the wrapper.
- Publisher: the party who is integrating the wrapper into their page.
- The wrapper must not modify bids from demand partners.
- The wrapper must not bias bids from demand partners unless requested by the publisher.
- The wrapper must provide equal opportunity for all demand partners to bid, either by requesting bids simultaneously or by randomizing the order in which they are called.
- The wrapper must send all demand returned within the Publisher-configured timeout to the ad server.
- The ad server must make the final choice of what bid wins.
- The wrapper must provide a mechanism to validate that submitted bid responses were sent to the ad server.
- Auction logic and methodology must be disclosed to all parties prior to commencement of a commercial relationship, and any change to auction logic must be disclosed prior to its implementation.
- The wrapper must provide a mechanism for publishers and demand partners to validate auction logic.
- The wrapper must not favor any demand partner in any way, including any demand that is provided by a bidder that is also hosting the wrapper.