Synchronizing Your Inventory Using the Console API
Whether you use AppNexus Supply Integration (ASI) or OpenRTB integration, you'll synchronize your inventory by mapping your publisher and placement fields to Console API publisher and placement fields. You use the Console API to do the following:
- Create a new publisher, which is mapped to an existing ASI or OpenRTB publisher.
- Create a new placement group.
- Create a new placement, which is mapped to an existing ASI or OpenRTB placement.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have received API credentials.
- You have access to the Console API wiki space.
- You have reviewed our API onboarding materials.
- You have generally familiarized yourself with how the Console API functions.
- You are familiar with the AppNexus Sell-Side Object Hierarchy.
Bid Request Fields
|Console API Service||Console Service Field||ASI Field||OpenRTB Field|
The following steps will explain how to create publisher and placement objects with the proper configuration to accept those mappings.
Step 1. Create a Publisher
Use the Publisher Service to create a new publisher that's mapped to your inventory. Use the value for
BidRequest.Site.Publisher.id as the publisher code.
reselling_exposure is an optional field that indicates whether you would like to expose the publisher's name to buyers (public or private).
what is is_oo? is owned and operated
The API returns the ID of the newly created object in its response. Save this value for use in the next two steps.
Step 2. Create a Site (Placement Group)
Next, we'll create one or more sites (or placement groups), which are simply a grouping mechanism for placements. At least one site is required, but you don't need to create additional ones if you don't need further groupings.
- if you set "web", AppNexus will assume that all impressions for underlying placements are for desktop browser inventory (regardless of banner, video, native, etc)
- if you set "mobile_web", we will assume that all impressions are for mobile browser
- if you set "mobile_app", we will assume that all impressions are for mobile applications
Step 3. Create a Placement
Finally, we'll create one or more Placements, which are the most granular sell-side objects.
Step 4. Test the Mapping Setup (Optional)
how do you test this?